Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain...

I am sitting in my favorite spot at home - high up on a soft pillow at the back of the couch. I can see outside through our big windows and the rain is just pouring. From time to time, there is thunder and lightning. I don't mind the lightning so much, but the thunder is really scary. Because I am still small, loud and unexpected noises find me jumping, or falling, in case I am on a ledge. My older sis, Sadie, says that one gets used to it. Apparently, she was never afraid of it (of course, she likes to rub that in), but she also grew up in a first floor apartment in Cambridge that had a bunch of trees in front of the windows and thus, thunderstorms were hardly noticeable. I am growing up on the fifth floor of a building with 15 foot windows and a wide open view of the city and the skies, and when lightning strikes, it is really visible and loud.

B and Kip are home with Sadie and I tonight. Usually, they go out on Friday evening, but because they left us last weekend (for a wedding... who does that?), they want to spend time with us. Kip always sits on the right side of the couch, B and her knitting projects are tucked into the left side and I move back and forth between them and usually settle on the back of the couch. Sadie watches the three of us by sitting on the floor behind us. Sometimes, she comes up on the couch as well, but I try to push her off. (She takes too much attention away from me. It makes B upset, but as a boy kitten I often do what I want. Cough, cough...) Well, it looks like the rain delay at Fenway may be over and we are about to watch the game. I am becoming a true Red Sox fan, because B loves them so much and Kip said that it is truly a manly sport and I must become a big boy kitten at some point, right? I wonder if I could hold a baseball with two paws?

No comments: